Thursday, February 18, 2010

021810 - Day 39 of 365 - Impulse Revisited





Wow - there are times you'll get something totally unexpected,.. and that was definitely today.

I was somewhat disappointed that yesterday's painting (day 38 'Impulse') came out so dark-- especially considering I had started with bright vibrant colors,.. which I had expected I could 'reveal' from beneath the dark blue I put on top. Well, as you can see by the image-- that didn't happen. So, I knew it was time I return to my mantra, "You gotta keep tryin' different things-- otherwise you'll only get what you always got" {which applies in life even more so than art/creativity/painting,.. but I won't dwell on that right now}. Following my instinct turned out to be the right way to go-- I jumped back in and started working right on top of 'Impulse' tonight. I had NO IDEA what to expect-- but was quickly and pleasantly surprised. The paint was almost dry from yesterday-- but not entirely.. and when I started wiping the piece down with solvent,.. almost immediately these fantastic textures began to reveal themselves! At the risk of sounding corny, it truly brought on a feeling of joy (again, the def. unexpectedly finding something you've been seeking).

I doubt you'll be able to tell from the overall photo, so I included a few detail photos today too. Even with the details I don't imagine you'll really be able to appreciate this piece without seeing it in person. Hopefully one day you will.

Have another great day-
dave

No comments:

Post a Comment