Sunday, February 28, 2010

022810 - Day 49 of 365 - Time



Ahhh... back in the studio and back into the paint.

It's good to be back. However, I must admit, it was actually a bit intimidating coming back into painting after just a week or so doing other things.

I started to experiment with painting on another surface -- Bristol board (smooth surface textured). The surface is smooth but it still holds on to the paint waaaaaaaay more than what I'm used to. Like life,.. it's not always what we expect,.. so I decided not to resist it but to change my approach a bit-- and found it to work out just fine. Kinda like they say in sailing-- you just gotta 'Adjust for wind'.

No matter-- it's good to be back from a wonderful vacation and back into the studio and into the paint.

See you tomorrow-
dave


No comments:

Post a Comment