Tuesday, May 18, 2010

day 108 - Sorry

Sorry. Sorry in the sense that I didn't capture this one on video. I thought it would just be a quick, simple (and typical) charcoal sketch,.. but it wasn't. It was more about experimenting with those common materials... in a way I've never used them. I wound up adding solvent (delivered via paper towels, cotton balls, and steel wool) on top of charcoal-- which gave it this cool, fluid yet 'temporary' movement,.. the fluidity lasted just for a short while. I became distracted by this 'new' behavior... only to notice the paper (Canson Marker paper) was getting saturated with the charcoal. So, from there I knew I'd need more contrast-- so I brought in some white oil paint.

This one might be more about 'the discovery' rather then 'the image' - either way, I'll call it a success.

Goodnight-
dave

No comments:

Post a Comment