Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why him? (day 111)



So,.. believe it or not,.. the guy who did this piece did become quite famous,.. yes as an artist. Any I can't help but wonder.. 'Why him?' Why does he get to be famous... when practically any one of us certainly has this level of ability?

But much to his credit he did say this,..
"Every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once we grow up."

I guess my point in all this is just to say-- why in the heck would anyone hesitate to be creative? It's not like we're all planning to have a simple drawing like this (which to me looks much like a kids drawing.. but then again, there's the beauty in it) sell for tens of thousands of dollar$,.. as this one was listed when I snapped this picture.

Come to think of it-- much of his work was simple and fairly crude-- no?

Perhaps I should have said he was an infamous artist? You've probably guessed by now the artwork shown here is by our old friend Pablo (Picasso).

No comments:

Post a Comment