Sunday, January 17, 2010

011610 - Day 6 of 365



OK, I'm just sneakin' this one in.. Yes, the clock just slipped past midnight, but to me-- it's still today.

I'm feeling the challenge of the weekend day that zooms by as if I'm living it in 'dog years'.. I'm not so strong at math-- I just know it's faster. Maybe that's why dog's are so happy?-- They know that life is too short to take too seriously ; ) (Sheesh, even I recognize myself feeling a bit of the fool after that last statement-- but why care? I had a great full day of friends, productivity, partaking in a great birthday celebration... all that, AND I made it home in time to deliver today's work! Now THAT is a good day in my book my friends!)

This project continues to bring me things I didn't,.. and couldn't expect. I highly recommend staying aware,.. and listening for your own 'thing' that keeps calling you to 'jump in'. Trust it-- say 'Yes'-- and Jump-In, the water's fine!

Which reminds me... a good friend of mine I saw at the birthday party tonight found my project motivating and inspiring enough (sweet,.. it's working! ; ) to commit to writing a poem about my next painting (NAILS - you're 'ON' buddy!). Yeah,.. yea... it's working. If he's cool with it, I'll share the poem with you all soon. (Maybe he'll also share the cool project ('Hear me out') he's working on to connect young writers with their own voices.)

Thanks again for dropping in-
dave

Today's word:
'destino'

This just in-- a poem inspired by this painting and submitted by Robert 'NAILIS' Martin,..

destino


plumage

heavy as history

Carrara white

rising from a Cape Canaveral


destiny, a drillrig

another day

the moon a skull

in the sky


blood on the ground

reminds us

that we were here

and once human

No comments:

Post a Comment