Sunday, February 7, 2010

020610 - Day 27 of 365


One of the basic (yet big) aspects of creativity is spontaneity,.. and I figured I'd need it in order to sneak in something for today's entry. This is because it's the one weekend a year that I get together with my west coast buddies-- guys I've know since I first moved to California (As frightening as it may be,.. I think it's actually been 20 years now).

Anyway,.. with that said I knew my priority would be catching up with old friends and I'd have to do something quick and spontaneous. As the day rolled by I kept my awareness open-- then noticed my opportunity-- and took advantage of it,.. the chalkboard in my friend's kitchen. For me it's no masterpiece,.. however it is a 'piece' born out of limited resources, constraint, and spontaneity, which are absolutely driving forces of creativity.

See you tomorrow-
dave

2 comments:

  1. i'm thinking chalkboard = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah-- I forgot to mention it was 'drawn' with a carrot!

    ReplyDelete