Wednesday, February 10, 2010

020910 - Day 30 of 365



Back into the studio and back to the paint.

It's funny it's one of the only times I started painting then took a break,.. I went as far as scratching out 'day 29' then the title onto the surface (with compressed charcoal),.. and then got distracted and took a break. Which struck me as kind of ironic when I awoke a few hours later from bed, drifted back into the studio, put on my head phones and read the words I had written,.. 'Too late to stop'.

I love the things that are always right there in front of us to provide content, conflict, and even paradox. If we're willing to continue to show up all we then have to do is be willing to pay attention, the rest will be there waiting for us.

As for process- I started to mess around a bit with masking off the surface as I moved through the painting. It allowed me some cool, interesting, and new transparency effects.

Well, I liked wrestling some of the language in my head into words and sentences these last few days,... but I must say it's good for me to be back into the paint. I hope you agree.

See you tomorrow-
dave

Today's phrase:
'Too late to stop'

Here's how this one came together...

(Select this link to watch this one, and more, in a larger sizes by visiting YouTube and searching for dmisconish)

No comments:

Post a Comment