Wednesday, February 10, 2010

021010 - Day 31 of 365



Yeah- Here's to the first 30 days!

Tonight I went back into the piece I had started back on day 23-- You'll probably remember it more from the sketch recipe I did for roasted eggplant ; )

Well- the surface I had prepared (acrylics on linen) behaved much differently than anything I have experienced so far. Somehow it had a texture with a super grip on just about everything that I even brought close... my urge was to resist,.. but I quickly recognized the frustration I would cause myself if I did-- then I wised up and allowed it to lead me to discover in a new and different way.

A central figure appeared and in the end the piece wound up having more details and more of a narrative feeling to it than any other piece so far.

The photos I took of the full piece weren't quite doing it justice so I decided to just post one tonight which captures a bit more of the detail of the image. I find this one quite interesting.. and hope you do too.

Goodnight-
dave

Today's words;
Charcoal at the beginning, 'Never alone'
Scratched into the paint, 'Why can't we be friends"


No comments:

Post a Comment