Friday, April 30, 2010

day 101 - Kicking off 'A few days of different'

When I pondered hitting 100 days I realized it was probably high time I mix it a bit,.. and break my pattern a bit by offering,.. 'A few days of different.'

When it comes to things creative I'd have to agree with our old friend Ralphie who said,
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
['Ralphie' aka Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882)]

I've got a few ideas of things to share,.. but just like starting one of my images,.. I'm not exactly sure where this will go. Don't worry, it won't go on too long,.. and I'll likely throw some images in there.. and perhaps even another video or two.

For today, I wanted to share with you one of my absolute favorite books on the subject of creativity.
Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool's Guide to Surviving with Grace
By Gordon MacKenzie

It doesn't seem to be too widely known.. but I can say with certainty it's worth your time. I found it to be highly entertaining and quite informative. I think you'll quickly be able to tell just from a peek at the cover and table of contents (shown here).

Give it a look, and if you actually give it a read, drop me a note and let me know what you think.

Here's to A few days of different!
dave

No comments:

Post a Comment