Thursday, August 12, 2010

day 124 'I've fallen,.. but I'm getting UP!!!'



OK,.. Let me cut to the chase,.. I allowed my stride to be broken. in the last month (or so) I've;

- Shopped for and bought house (with my gal, risky business? Well, sure, but it felt right - so I went with it!)

- Moved twice (to transition her and I into the house)

- Did ALL that *new house stuff*

- Lost my job (nothing personal here,.. company 'tanked' and we're all out on the street)

- On top of that I got t-boned in my girlfriend's shiny NEW BMW :-(

(She was with me.. in short we were lucky to walk away from it and happy nobody was hurt,.. {the other driver was FULLY at fault}.

- And,.. I'm sure a whole lot more but I don't wanna bore you here/now.


Yes, much has happened and LOTS of change, which has delivered many hassles-- BUT, I'm a firm believer of the saying, "Change = Opportunity" ; )


Anyway, I'm up for taking my 'opportunity'! Now is the time to get back on my horse, get back into the saddle (aka - NEW studio / 'ManCave'), and GET BUSY!!!


Yes-- back into the paint and on top of sharing more thoughts, ideas, and demonstrations about getting in touch with your creative self and being innovative (what our world so DESPERATELY needs right now). Don't stress-- I've got waaaaaaaaaaay more ideas than time, so there's no shortage of new stuff. Amongst the multitude of ideas I'll be developing and bringing you;

- A book-- '101 Things I Learned About Creativity'

- A new 'IMPULSE' collection-- Art that's actually meant to be touched

{which is already somewhat controversial even thought I've yet to begin-- but I'll let you decide that for yourself)

- And, BIGGER ART!! (Re-using and recycling materials as the substrate/canvases).


So, (as my brother always sez)-- "There you have it".

Tomorrow I'll kick off with the cover and general idea/goal of the book.


Thanks for hangin' in there-- I figured just because I stumbled (maybe even fell?) doesn't mean I'll choose to stay down and be defeated.


More soon!


BIG LOVE,

dave



ps-

And-- just a refresher,.. My overall goal is, "To motivate and inspire myself as well as others"...Especially toward believing in themselves and their own creative abilities.


pss-

Oh yeah,.. I'll throw in a pic or three of the house - it's a FANTASTIC little bungalow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment