Friday, August 13, 2010

day 125 - 10x Further might be easier than you think.





Here it is,.. I'd suspect I'm like many folks who've often thought about writing or creating a book,.. but never made it much past that point. We'll I finally got motivated and decided to at least take it a few steps further and start throwing some things together. Heck, even if it's just rough it'll be 10x further than I've ever gotten ; ) Of course as soon as I decided to start,.. I was overwhelmed with ideas, choices, options, etc, etc. So I decided to use one of the maxims I'd scribbled down (about creativity) for the very book itself - "Steal from the best". Which 99% of the time would be more truly stated as, "Steal from the best thieves" as what most folks claim to be their own *original* content/inspiration-- is stolen from someone/somewhere else.

Well, usually the thievery is fairly well crafted and there's at least a moderate effort to conceal it-- but I'll be own up to my crime and daylight myself right here, right now. Instead of spinning my wheels trying to invent my book's title, format, and template-- it finally dawned on me, that I didn't *Have to*,.. Once I navigated past that milestone suddenly I 'became aware' (another maxim of us creative types, 'Pay attention') and noticed a great *inspiration* for my book. The title of the book I noticed is '101 Things I Learned in Architecture School' by Matthew Frederick.


WAIT,... HAHAHAHAAHAAAHA-- this is TOO FUNNY!!! I just went to Amazon.com to find and image of the book... and it looks like others have already knocked off this idea and 'stolen' it many times!!! Oh well, once again,... "There you have it".

I do want make you all aware, the one thing I did do was design the logo mark for the cover of my book. Take a good look at it and see what you notice. The basics of how creativity works are represented there... and I'll speak to that tomorrow.

Good day-
dave

ps-
No paint yet-- I escaped to the mountains (Tahoe) for the weekend to relax and unwind with SunShine (my girl). I did bring a sketch book and some random pens/implements, so,... maybe I'll create a few new things while I'm here decompressing,.. time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. I hold the registered trademark on 101 Things I Learned. I am very happy you like my book, but unfortunately you can't use my trademark without my permission.
    Best regards,
    Matthew Frederick

    ReplyDelete