Saturday, September 18, 2010

day 140 - 'Destination Unknown'



This piece wound up being really experimental-- As I was cleaning up (the table top /work-surface I was working on) from a prior piece I just started messing with all the 'leftovers'. The pigments and solvents-- I moved them around on the slick stainless steel surface, then laid a sheet of paper over, and burnished it down-- picking up the colors etc. It's essentially it's a mono-print. One thing I love about mono-prints is the texture,.. the other part is the 'surprise' (image) you get when you pull the paper. No matte what,.. it doesn't look like what you expect.

I especially like the vagueness-- the mystery of this image. That's part of the reason I'm calling it 'Destination Unknown'. The other part of why I'm calling it that is that I'm not sure if it's done or not,.. no I just can't quite tell yet. I'd better not mess with it any more tonight and sleep/dream on it.

Sleep well-
dave

ps-
If the video is any good I'll add it to this post later. I experimented with hanging the camera from the ceiling for a different angle-- no telling what I've got until I transfer it all and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment