Thursday, September 16, 2010

day 140 - 'Permission'



Somewhere along the way I discovered one of the most important concepts of truly being creative
.. 'Permission'. If you think about it, it's critical to us truly, authentically being ourselves-- and this permission can only come from ourselves. Nobody else can (or will) give it to you.

Now, as simple as this may sound, I've recognized this to be deceptively difficult-- for myself and most other individuals who I have experienced as brave enough to be open and honest.

To keep it short,.. I'll share that I think this is due to years of being 'told' what to do, who to be, and how to be (behave). Certainly we can't all run-amuck doing anything we want,.. but trying to make us all fit the same mold (as most of our systems do, from schools to corporations)-- would make us,.. mediocre-- 'super-average' at best.

Just my 2¢ here-- but I think it plays right into why most folks don't consider themselves to be very creative.

Anyway-- I thought this image tells a good story.

Take care-
dave

ps-
I stumbled upon somewhere out there on the web-- at this point I can't recall where, but I'll share & give credit if I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment