Monday, January 11, 2010

011110 - Day 1 of 365


Day One:
The painting went well but of course I was welcomed with a few 'technical difficulties'. No big surprise there,.. it is (me and) technology after all. Pesky yes, but I do love it when it works!

Also, I was reminded of one of my own personal sayings...
"Live and pay"

I guess this time I pay the price but having the Flip run out of juice and quit recording.

Yes.. I must admit, one of the 'technical-difficulties' was batteries : )
(Ha! At least that one is easy to solve.)

No matter, it's great to have started and have day one under my belt.

As expected, it was a little awkward getting back on the horse/easel-- probably just waffling,.. but things came back pretty quick. My style is pretty quick, spontaneous and quite erratic-- 99.9% of the time completely unplanned. And, lucky for me, it usually produces a finished painting each time I paint.

Here's a snap-shot of day one.

ps-
I'll post a video at a later day if I can cobble something together from the footage I've did manage to capture.

pss-
The blue 'edges' in the photo is tape that I use to mask off the material I paint on. It gets removed late-- always an exciting moment.


1 comment:

  1. d - WOW! What a way to kick things off! Glad you're back in the saddle - this is going to be an amazing ride. sp

    ReplyDelete