Tuesday, February 2, 2010

020210 - Day 23 of 365


Ahhhhh,.. BIG progress (for me!) - I've finally edited a video of my painting process to a level I'm happy to share. I posted it late last night and shared it with some good friends today. I'm flattered that they all found it quite interesting, exciting, and,.. and.. Well-- what can I say but : )

I know, it's kinda cheesy,.. however it is appropriate. I'm quite happy to be digging into this project, pushing on and continuing to learn, and learn,.. then to discover-- I've got LOADS more to LEARN! No matter,... I'm diggin' it and am happy to do so.

Tonight I've decided to work on some more videos, upload them, and figure out how to link or embed them into this blog. Let's see,... I'll just poke around here quick and give it a shot now...


HOLY SMOKES - That was EASY!!! Hot-Damn, does Google ROCK or what!?!? It looks like I've got a few cropping issues but I'm sure I can work that out soon enough. (In the meantime, just click on the video and it'll link you over to YouTube so you can watch the real deal.)

Well,.. it's small potatoes after that but let me wrap this up and hope to get a decent night's sleep tonight.

Just so I don't ignore creating all together tonight I did the base work (in acrylics) for another painting (again on the linen bequeathed to me from Aunt Mary) and am letting it dry -- so I can work over it later and see if it behaves differently. So more to come on that front at a later date.

And, last but not least-- I thought I'd share another 'Sketch Recipe' with you. (I love these things, once I sketch it out, it's EZ to follow-- and I'm much more likely to remember it at a later date when I need it again). This one's for baked eggplant. I diagramed out and followed these directions,.. added a little pasta sauce & cheese.. and had a great meal.

Alright-- off to learn a bit more.

Enjoy-
dave

Today,.. a sketch recipe for;
'Baked Eggplant'

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing how you use the paper beyond your "canvas" how freeing. The use of the cork as a tool is very cool. And the checks for each day of the project is a nice touch. Do you have a vision of the image in your head before you start or does it just evolve as you place the paint? As I enjoy food and cooking and drawing and eggplant, I very much appreciated your sketch recipe. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    I do use a lot 'unusual' tools (corks, bits of rubber, old credit cards, etc.) to remove and manipulate the paint. I like it because it leads to A LOT of surprises,.. which is good (for me) as a good bit of my process is based on *Not* having full control. By not having full control the painting changes rapidly and gives me opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise had.

    Oh, and I rarely have any idea or vision for a piece before I start. It's often a REAL roller-coaster experience filled with highs and lows.. certainly not a process for the faint of heart.. or someone really attached to a certain outcome.

    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Dave

    ps-
    I see you're into food... I had red quinoa (with roasted sunflower seeds, goji berries, and craisins) for dinner. I LOVE that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete